You always know if you are at a Christian conference when its in the middle of nowhere, coffee on tap and full of diverse people that would probably never talk to each other if they were not Christian. It makes me chuckle. Of course thats not what its all about!
Last week was Staff Conference and it was refreshing and I really enjoyed it and was reminded how amazng Jesus is! Here are some of my thoughts from the week:
1. God is light. This is so important because life can seem very dark at times and we can hide in darkness. But God is light and guides us and surrounds us.
2. Evangelism isn't about throwing up the Gospel. Its about conversation, relationships and sometimes dropping a brick.
3. God asks 3 questions in Genesis 3 and they relevant now.
4. It is a blessing to have this time of fellowship and I enjoyed chatting and be encouraged by my colleagues.
5. Late night chats are the best, even if its at 1am.
6. Worldviews are powerful and just because we may not understand them doesn't mean we label them "stupid". We need time and patience to understand where people are coming from. Its all about art of conversation.
7. Am I using my degree? Am I reading books that engage my mind?
8. IFES Europe is in need of support and encouragement. We are blessed in the UK to have all this support - lets branch out.
9. When we get to the throne of God, will we say - "Gosh, I wished I invested more time in this"
10. I love my job. I love the students in Plymouth and I love working in the South West and I love the friends I have made on my team and those in other regions. I am looking forward to meeting up with you all again soon :)