Sunday, August 02, 2009

Why I love international outreach


I have just come back from Oxford, with its rain, bikes, beautiful buildings and a crazy two weeks that was packed with an amazing team, amazing students and an amazing Gospel. I can't describe how incredible these two weeks have been, but perhaps I can tell you why I love doing this...

1. The Gospel is true
You know what? The Gospel is true and that's amazing. If the Gospel wasn't true, I wouldn't be doing this. But it is true and we have amazing good news to share.

2. Reaching all Nations
Jesus told us to make disciples of all nations. Well for two weeks, a lot of those nations came to us. It is wonderful seeing God open hearts, sharing Jesus with people that have never heard of him. Reach nations that are normally closed to us, but the treasure of the Gospel can be theirs.

3. Team Life
I love the team life, sharing Jesus with fellow Christians. I love how we all worked together with the Gospel centered and we all had a role to play and God used all of us.

4. Amazing Fellowship
I have met some amazing people. I have met people that have encouraged me greatly with their love for Jesus and willingness to surrender all for Him. It was fantastic having the opportunity to come along side some of the girls and chat and pray with them. The fellowship has been so key.

5. Meeting Interesting People
Over the two weeks I have met some very interesting people from all over the world - Japan, Colombia, Chile, France, Africa... its been so much fun getting to know them.

6. It is about Relationship
You can't shove the Gospel down their throats. Its about building relationships and sharing your time and your life with them. Its something that perhaps English people aren't always good at. But I enjoy this so much, its more personal and people are not projects.

I just love international outreach so much! Its been amazing being able to share the Gospel with people, to get to know different people from around the world and to meet Christians that have amazing testimonies and share the same vision and to have so much fun as well. There were many laughs!

If you get a chance to do this type of outreach, then do - it is an amazing opportunity!

No comments: