Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A cart full of ART #2

Right now in London there is an exhibition, which I am finding really interesting. I hope to go and see it for real when I am next in London. But you can view it online at One & Other.

What is it about? The blurb says:

This summer, sculptor Antony Gormley invites you to help create an astonishing living monument. He is asking the people of the UK to occupy the empty Fourth Plinth in Trafalgar Square in London, a space normally reserved for statues of Kings and Generals. They will become an image of themselves, and a representation of the whole of humanity.

Every hour, 24 hours a day, for 100 days without a break, a different person will make the Plinth their own. If you're selected, you can use your time on the plinth as you like. One & Other is open to anyone and everyone from any corner of the UK.


I find this really interesting! Some people just stand there or dance or paint or do yoga or jump up and down!! Is it art? I dunno, but I like it!


No comments: