We are called to pray, to continue praying and being watchful in it with thanksgiving. (Colossians 4:2)
Giving thanks is so important. We have a lot to be thankful for. I know I certainly do. The blessings that God gives me is astounding, especially when hard times come. I wanted to use this post to give thanks to God, to be reminded of all the things he provides out of His Grace...
1. Praise God that Jesus is in control of everything. I was reading Hebrews 2:5-9 this morning and noting down everything about Jesus. Nothing is outside of his control. Nothing. Everything has been subjected to Him. Which includes today, right now, tomorrow, next year in a different country and the dreams and ideas of the years after. Everything is in His control - its not in my control, which is a blessing because it would be a mess!
2. Praise God for good food and fellowship with the Bish's last night. I have known them since I was a very young christian and its been amazing to serve alongside them in UCCF and church. There wisdom and insight has been very valuable to me and their baby boy Zach is gorgeous!
3. Friendships this year have been amazing and a blessings. I love honesty in friendships, rebuke and lots of laughter. You have to laugh. Those friendships are rare to find and yet I have found myself with a few good friends like that and it is a joy to encourage each other in Christ and to show love to each other.
4. Praise God for Words. Words are amazing. Some words sound great and give birth to beautiful poetry and stories. Words are razor sharp and rhythmic. They can engage imagination and I love writing.
5. Praise God for music. I love music. I love tunes, instruments and how we can use that to Glorify God.
God is good. I am glad He gives us things to enjoy and to glorify Him with.