Monday, January 04, 2010

What is your treasure?

I have another brilliant quote from the Tim Chester book - "The ordinary Hero" that just caught my attention and I want you to read it and be challenged by what he is saying -

"Why don´t we live below the average income and give the rest to the poor? Why don´t we move into needy neighbourhoods? why don´t we open our homes to hurting people? Why don´t we work four days a week to create more time for mission? Why don´t we take low paid jobs to serve the community? We have some very sophisticated reasons. I know because I use them. But most of the time, it comes down to this: our treasure is earthly treasure and our security is earthly security"
This has really made me think what my treasure is and whether I am living for earthly treasure or heavenly treasure? What excuses am I making now so I can live a comfortable life rather then suffering and sacrificing what I want for the sake of others and for heavenly treasure.

No comments: