- They have a small breakfast, a huge lunch and a small dinner...
- They wake up very early, 5/6 am and go to bed early 9/10pm
- The sun sets at 6pm everyday
- You don´t put the toilet paper in the toilet but in a bin.
- They have more amazing fruit here and its fresh!
- They have pasta and rice for nearly every meal
- The buses are very cheap and they cram as many people as possible in them - its quite fun!
- I am living in a desert.
- They love to play games at parties, no matter what age the people are!
- They take spending time with people seriously and are not "time orientated" but "event orientated"... so when something starts at 7, people wont show up till 8 or later, that can be for anything!
- I live amoung mountains and volcanoes
- We have earthquakes here
- They eat purple maiz...well its more of a jelly, so they drink it - its nice!!
Friday, October 16, 2009
Just Living in Peru
I guess one of the questions most asked is - "What is it like to live in Peru?". I guess when most people think of mission or perhaps South America, you think of mud huts, half naked people and eating strange food. I assure you that its not like that here. There are many differences to England, but actually they are not bad differences and I have not experiences culture shock, although I am sure it is to come... but let me share with you some differences...